BE AN ADVOCATE FOR HEALTH!
Take action for those who lack the knowledge, skills, or ability to determine their own health practices or improve their own lifestyle. Be an example, teach, reach, and make a difference.
Organizations you can get involved with:
American Lung Association - Take Action
American Cancer Society - Take Action
American Red Cross - Take Action
GETTING OLDER - WITH ENERGY AND STRENGTH
- Unlock the Secrets of Longevity - Adventists in National Geographic (a video blog)
- Adventist Health Study
Realizations, Inc., Arlene Taylor's website is rich with new discoveries about the brain and its functions, human relationships, and resources for brain health.
16-Day NEWSTART Lifestyle Program @ Weimar, CA Contact: 1-800-525-9192
HELPFUL DAILY PRACTICES
- Dimensions in Health, a large collection of health education resources
Total Vegetarian . . . Barbara Watson's cookbook recipes
SMOKING EDUCATION & CESSATION
- Get over Nicotine Addiction and Rescue Your Health with the CMATCH program on this site.
BEING PREPARED FOR THE UNEXPECTED
No matter where you go, two things are important to people in this world today:
Quality of Life
Here are some resources that will aid you in achieving those goals:
- National Emergency Alert Communication System
- Ready.gov (a disaster-preparedness site)
- Pandemic Flu (CDC Guidelines)