About CMATCH and Taking Control
The Purpose & Mission of CMATCH
CMATCH = Case Managed Approach to Tobacco Cessation Help
The method you find here has the earmarks of a successful venture.
How can you know what is an effective tobacco cessation method?
Researchers have found that it should offer:
- Individual, group, and telephone counseling -- Success increases with treatment intensity
- Practical counseling—problem-solving skills/skills training
- Social support
- At least 2 weeks of active intervention (coached) and at least 4 weeks of mentoring
- If a Rx is used, counseling should be combined with it—the more intense the more effective
- Opportunity for reinforcement in the early maintenance stage of cessation
Taking Control – and the support of a mentor and the health care provider--fits that description . . . and it is free—and renewable—you can repeat it until you get it right!
Nicotine addiction is such a serious insidious public health problem that we have revised our marketing plan--it is free to the support group and free to the user. Instead, a donation procedure is designed on this site for users and sponsoring organizations to submit funds at will which are pledged to contribute toward the expenses of this site, revisions as needed to Taking Control, and getting the word out.
CMATCH offers the program Taking Control where you don’t just quit tobacco, you start living!
Taking Control is written and produced by a Nurse Educator and patterned after evidence-based practice in behavior change strategies that are successful in helping individuals gain the victory over addiction to nicotine.
Proceed to the Options page where you will select online video option or audio option. Then Go to Day One. Success to you!
Truth Initiative - Inspiring Tobacco-Free Lives