We have prepared this website program to equip neighborhood groups, churches, and other non-profit organizations to conduct mentoring tobacco cessation workshops. However, individuals without access to these groups may benefit from this program alone. So, read on!
Are You Ready to Take Control Now? Go Here!
Did you know . . .
- An individual who smokes 1.5 packs/day, may be spending at least $3,300/year! In New York, it would be at least double that.
- One who chews a can of tobacco per day, could be spending $1100/year on a sure path to oral cancer.
- Tobacco use, particularly cigarette smoking, remains the leading cause of preventable illness and death in this country.
- Around the world, tobacco kills up to half of its users, resulting in 6 million deaths a year, according to WHO. More than 5 million of those are the result of direct tobacco use while over 600,000 are non-smokers exposed to second-hand smoke.
- Tobacco users for each product are more likely to be non-Hispanic whites. Most cigar and pipe users have at least some college education, but cigarette smoking is more concentrated among those with less than a college education.
- For the smoker, the risk of developing Peripheral Artery Disease - blocked leg arteries - increases as we live longer . . . potentially leading to an amputation and reduced quality of life.
Smokers have a greater risk of developing lung cancer today than did smokers 50 years ago, due to changes in cigarette composition.
Watch this Convincing Video.mp4
But, Aren't eCigarettes Safer?
The rationale for smoking a leaf cigarette or chewing tobacco leaf and inhaling (vaping) an e-cigarette are the same . . . To get a "hit" of a drug - in this case it is Nicotine. All lethal! Perhaps vaping is even more hazardous to your health because with the nicotine are other poisonous chemicals, often undisclosed to the user (antifreeze, asbestos, propellent, artificial flavors).
---What about the Flavorings in eCigs? Are they harmful? You bet!
Watch an Inquiry into the Comparison of eCigarettes with Conventional Cigarettes . . . Weigh the Arguments with Risk.
Spend some time with subsequent videos that describe vaping more in detail and what we know at this time about the content. Think about the strategies of the tobacco industry to keep its customers loyal. Is the risk to health with an unknown substance really worth it?
HAVE WE CONVINCED YOU YET HOW URGENT IT IS TO PREVENT/QUIT TOBACCO USE?
And Did You Know?
- Smoking is the leading cause of preventable death in the US. Approximately 1,300 people die each day from smoking; 480,000 U.S. citizens die/year from tobacco-related causes.
- Lung cancer is the second leading cause of death in the United States.
- Lung cancer has increased 451% in the past 30 years, and it has been predicted that this number will rise in the years to come.
- The increased number of lung cancer incidences have been related to tobacco use
- 75% of teen smokers become adult smokers
- Teen smokers could risk losing up to $10,000/year in income in their future
- About 553 women die daily of tobacco-related disease
- Smoking causes more deaths each year than all of these combined:
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV),
- Illegal drug use,
- Alcohol use,
- Motor vehicle injuries, and
- Firearm-related incidents
- Smokers die on average 10 years earlier than non-smokers, but even those smokers in their 70s can add years to their lives if they quit
- Tobacco smoke is potentially made up of more than 7,000 chemicals. Many are poisons and at least 70 are known to cause cancer in people or animals
And there are more Facts . . .
But, all this negative information may cause you to feel hopeless and doomed . . . However, you can reclaim a state of well-being! You can live FREEEE! again! And . . .
You have come to the right place! For the next 14 days we will:
- Help you confirm your decision to quit in the first place,
- Guide you for 3 days to prepare you and your environment to be tobacco free,
- Instruct in effective quitting strategies, help you establish new reachable goals,
- Suggest and guide in delicious nutritious meal plans and invigorating exercise,
- Teach relaxation and stress reduction,
- Provide optional spiritual support from Biblical sources.
We encourage involving family and friends for support throughout this transition. . . All while we are coaching you in new, non-smoking behaviors.
Begin to Take Control Today . . . Learn How to Enjoy Life Free of Tobacco -- and the course is Free!
Get Over It!!
Download and View this PPT Show to learn about this Intervention, then visit About CMATCH and Taking Control page.
If you are a tobacco user and wish to engage in Taking Control independently, proceed to the Coaching Options.